- Ejtaal Arabic Almanac: Lane's Lexicon, Hans Wehr, Lisan al-Arab and others
- Perseus: Lane's Lexicon (in text format)
- 1 times as form IV verb aDHk
- 1 times as active noun DaHk
- 1 times as active noun DaHkẗ
- 7 times as verb DHkt
and that it is He alone who causes [you] to laugh and to weep;
Thereupon [Solomon] smiled joyously at her words, and said: O my Sustainer! Inspire me so that I may forever be grateful for those blessings of Thine with which Thou hast graced me and my parents,* and that I may do what is right [in a manner] that will please Thee; and include me, by Thy grace, among Thy righteous servants!"
laughing, rejoicing at glad tidings.
Let them, then, laugh a little -.for they will weep a lot* in return for what they have earned.
And his wife, standing [nearby], laughed [with happiness]* ; whereupon We gave her the glad tiding of [the birth of] Isaac and, after Isaac, of [his son] Jacob.
- but you made them a target of your derision to the point where it made you forget* all remembrance of Me; and you went on and on laughing at them.
But as soon as he came before them with Our [miraculous] signs,* lo! they derided them,
And do you laugh instead of weeping,
BEHOLD, those who have abandoned themselves to sin are wont to laugh at such as have attained to faith*
But on the Day [of Judgment], they who had attained to faith will [be able to] laugh at the [erstwhile] deniers of the truth:*