- Ejtaal Arabic Almanac: Lane's Lexicon, Hans Wehr, Lisan al-Arab and others
- Perseus: Lane's Lexicon (in text format)
- 1 times as active noun nakswa
- 1 times as passive verb nks
- 1 times as form II verb nnks
If thou couldst but see [how it will be on Judgment Day], when those who are lost in sin will hang their heads before their Sustainer, [saying:] O our Sustainer! [Now] we have seen, and we have heard! Return us, then, [to our earthly life] that we may do good deeds: for [now], behold, we are certain [of the truth]!"
But then they relapsed into their former way of thinking* and said: Thou knowest very well that these [idols] cannot speak!"
But [let them always remember that] if We lengthen a human being's days, We also cause him to decline in his powers [when he grows old]: will they not, then, use their reason?*