- Ejtaal Arabic Almanac: Lane's Lexicon, Hans Wehr, Lisan al-Arab and others
- Perseus: Lane's Lexicon (in text format)
- 1 times as form IV verb aDHk
- 1 times as active noun DaHk
- 1 times as active noun DaHkẗ
- 7 times as verb DHkt
and that it is He alone who causes [you] to laugh and to weep;
Thereupon [Solomon] smiled joyously at her words, and said: O my Sustainer! Inspire me so that I may forever be grateful for those blessings of Thine with which Thou hast graced me and my parents,* and that I may do what is right [in a manner] that will please Thee; and include me, by Thy grace, among Thy righteous servants!"
ftbsm DaHka mn qwlha wqal rb awzAny an aşkr nAmtk alty anAmt Aly wAlya waldy wan aAml SalHa trDyah wadKlny brHmtk fy Abadk alSalHyn
laughing, rejoicing at glad tidings.
Let them, then, laugh a little -.for they will weep a lot* in return for what they have earned.
And his wife, standing [nearby], laughed [with happiness]* ; whereupon We gave her the glad tiding of [the birth of] Isaac and, after Isaac, of [his son] Jacob.
- but you made them a target of your derision to the point where it made you forget* all remembrance of Me; and you went on and on laughing at them.
But as soon as he came before them with Our [miraculous] signs,* lo! they derided them,
And do you laugh instead of weeping,
BEHOLD, those who have abandoned themselves to sin are wont to laugh at such as have attained to faith*
But on the Day [of Judgment], they who had attained to faith will [be able to] laugh at the [erstwhile] deniers of the truth:*